Monday, May 3, 2010

What is this all about?

About two and a half years ago the best thing ever happened to me. I had this beautiful baby boy, TJ.
Early September 2007

Having your first child completely changes your life. The first week you wont sleep at all, not because the baby keeps you up but because you are constantly worried if they are OK, what they need, or if you are going to break them.

We were really lucky because TJ was a great baby, he slept through the night after 3 or 4 weeks. But still I gained about 20 lbs AFTER I gave birth to him. We were eating out a lot and not exercising and kabam I got to my highest weight ever.

January 2007 - highest weight where a camera snuck past me

Over the past two years, I have been making small but meaningful changes in my life. I planted my first and second garden, I started running and playing ice hockey again, I have researched and researched nutrition and learned how to cook healthy and tasty food, and I recently ran my first race and have signed up for a half marathon in a couple months. This has all contributed to a weight loss of 45lbs, and hopefully along with this blog will help me with the 45 - 65 lbs I would still like to lose.

I am not even close to perfect and have veered way off the healthy path several times. I think living healthy will always be something I have to work at, but it has been a fun growing experience for me and my family.

1 comment:

  1. My baby girl is now 22 but I remember that first month like it was yesterday. Congratulations on the changes you are making. I'm working on being healthier and more fit too.

    ReplyDelete