Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Menu Plan

Eating out is Yummy! We all know it, we all love it. Yes you can eat healthy even when you eat out, but doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? For my family, the key to healthy eating is cooking our own food.

My family really struggles with take out. My husband and I enable each other. At the end of the day when neither of us want to cook we take turns planting tasty thoughts in each others heads. We are coming off of a take out bender and have both committed to significantly reducing this in the interest of both our wallets and our wastelines.


I have read many times that having a menu plans helps, so I'm going to give it a try to see how it works for us. I'm planning on taking leftovers for lunch, so I'm just going to plan out dinners. Currently this is the plan:


5/3 - 5/7

Monday - Orchiette w/ sausage and rapini with salad and roasted beets

Tuesday - Chicken Cordon Blue w/ roasted potatoes, salad, and brocolini

Wednesday - Ham and bacon pita sandwiches w/ sprouts, salad, kale chips and beet & potato salad

Thursday - Chicken Jambalaya w/ salad and beet greens & mushrooms

Friday - Grill - sausages and scallions w/ salad and roasted sweet potatoes chips


Monday was a sucess. I only got a picture of the orchiette, but my first attempt at beets was tasty as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment