Friday, May 7, 2010

Beet and Potato Salad

Ingredients:
  • 1 large beet
  • 2-3 red potatoes
  • 1 tbls sour cream
  • 1 tsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tbls chopped red onion
  • 1 tbls chopped parsley (from the garden)
  • 1 tsbs horseradish sauce
  • 1 tsp garlic
  • 1 slice of bacon
  • salt and pepper
Step 1: Add beets to boiling water cover and cook for 10 minutes, then add in potato and boil for another 10 minutes. Drain and cool. Peel beets and cut beets and potatoes into bite size pieces.

Step 2: Mix together sour cream, vinegar, horseradish sauce, onions, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix sauce with potatoes.
Step 3: Top with beets and crumbled bacon and enjoy!
I don't ussually follow recipes to the T, but this one I did pretty close. I made a much smaller batch because we're not the biggest leftover family and recipes don't always turn out great the first time. This recipe came from cooking light and turned out pretty tasty and I'll probably make it again. Although I will definitely cook the potatoes longer next time.

Do you have any interesting beet recipes?

1 comment:

  1. There's the beet recipe that's on my blog, but it really wasn't the best...

    ReplyDelete