Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Green Chicago Restaurant Co-op

The ten o'clock news on abc last night had a segment on"environmentally sustainable" restaurants.  The Green Chicago Restaurant Co-op just announced the initial group of restaurants.  This co-ops mission is to group together to make sustainable options more feasible for local restaurants. 

This is the list of restaurants currently in the co-op:

Avec
Big Jones
Blackbird
Bleeding Heart Bakery
Blind Faith Cafe
Dining Room at Kendall College
Frontera Grill
Keefer's Restuarant
Poag Mahone's
Roti Mediterranean Grill
Simone's Bar
Sopraffina Marketcaffe (5)
Topolobampo
Trattoria No. 10
Uncommon Ground (2)

Amazingly one of the restaurants on the list, Sopraffina is in the lobby of my office building and Roti is just one block away.  Both of these lunch places are super tasty, but I could never get out without spending at least $10.  Knowing they support environmentally sustainable practices, I will be more willing to drop a little extra mullah! 

I'm really excited about this news and think I need to visit the Frontera Grill and sample some Rick Bayless cuisine.

4 comments:

  1. i went to my first bayless place last night! sadly i was disappointed, but that's probably b/c he wasn't really as involved - just a consultant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try a Rick Bayless restaurant since drooling over his dishes in the Top Chef competition. His cooking style looks right up my alley! I hope you do go to Frontera Grill, so I can live vicariously through you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's great that places are getting recognized for good decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! What a great thing for these restaurants to do! I want to try Frontera Grill!!

    ReplyDelete